Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22, 2010





Dear Family,

What another crazy week. I don´t think there can be a regular week in the mission field. I guess that´s good because it always keeps us on our toes. This week I went to my first District Leader Meeting. All of the district leaders in the whole mission, there are about 30 of us, went to Quito to learn from President Sloan and the Assistants. It was a pretty amazing day. I learned a lot more about what I´m supposed to be doing and how to do it well. I love listening to President Sloan. He is an amazing mission president. Since I had that meeting all day tuesday we missed out a whole day´s work so that stunk. I´m officially addicted to studying the scriptures. I wish we had more time to study every morning. It would be sweet. Our investigators are progressing really slow here. We´re trying to figure out what we need to do so they can progress faster. Élder Purnell and I set some really good goals to try and help them. We´re excited to do it too! So about a week ago we talked with one of the guards at a gated community where some investigators live and he´s from Haiti. He speaks 4 languages, French, English, Creol, and Spanish. It was pretty weird talking to him because he keeps saying that we should talk in English because he is better at English than Spanish. There´s also some ward members here that want us to speak in English so they can learn English faster. It´s pretty funny to do. Well I can´t think of anything else this week. Sounds like everyone had a fun Spring Break. I love you all!!!


Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment