Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 19, 2010

Dear Family,
This week was really crazy. I actually had a pretty tough time because I couldn´t work in my sector. It´s tough being with 2 people that don´t want to work hard. I´m glad that I have a companion now. Well, I have another new assignment. I´m a zone leader now. I don´t know why but I am. I only had to move across the street. The ward is called Salvador Celi. It´s kind of exciting but a little bit scary too. I´m just a little nervous because I´m so new and I am responsible for 22 missionaries now. My companion´s name is Elder Rodríguez. He´s from Quayaquil and has 13 months in the mission. That means that we´re both fairly new at being zone leaders. I´m nervous but I know that I´ll be alright and that Heavenly Father will help me know what to do. This last weekend a companionship in my district had 4 baptisms and we went. It was an amazing baptisimal service. THere were about 30-40 people there and the Spirit was so strong. During the service, one of my misionaries asked me to sing during the baptism I told him ok. I sang the first solo in my life. I´m not going to lie, I´d rather play in another state championship football game than do that again. I was way nervous. I did ok though, I think :) Well I love you family. I hope all is going well and I can´t wait to talk to you on May 9th!!!!

Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment