Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 3, 2010



Dear Family,
This was a pretty crazy week. We had a lot of meetings and a lot of things to do outside of our sector. It was tough for me to do that. I like being in my sector working with my investigators. We did have a really amazing experience this last friday though. We had the opportunity to listen to a general authority, Elder Nash. He the president of the area we´re in. It was way cool. He gave us all hugs and said something to all of us. I got to have a little bit more time with him too because I´m a zone leader. It was really cool. He gave me some really nice compliments. We, the zone leaders, were lined up at the door when he walked in and I was the first one lined up. The first thing he said was to President Sloan. He said something like, "He really shines" or "He´s got a good spirit to him." He was talking about me. I was really grateful for that. It´s not everyday that a general authority gives you a compliment like that. I was very happy. It was an amazing experience to be there with Elder Nash.
I think last week I told you about a really good contact that we had. This week when we visited him for the second time he had read the entire book of 1 Nephi. It was amazing I had never seen anything like it. When we visited him the 3rd time he had read up to Jacob. I was astounded. He read all of that in less than a week. He has some doubts and everything but we have answered all of his questions. We just need him to go to church and he´ll be a perfect contact. It was way cool.
My companion and I were a little sick this week. On saturday we were in the house for about 2-3 hours. We were sick with las bicicletas. You´ll have to ask Nancy or Brother Sowards what that one means. It´s nothing bad at all. It´s just really annoying to have.
Well family I love you all so much. I can´t wait to talk with you this Sunday. I love you all!!!!!


Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment