Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 12, 2010

Dear Family,
This week was absolutely nuts. We just had a ton of meetings. I wasn´t hardly in my own sector. On Tuesday we had our Zone Leader´s Council, on Wednesday we had interviews with President Sloan, on Thursday we had a Mini-Zone Conference, on Friday we had the actual Zone Conference, and on Saturday we had a plaza presentation. It was crazy. I really enjoyed my time but I missed my investigators too!

At the Zone Leader´s Council we ended the night roasting s´mores. They were amazing. It was way fun. They also told us that we can now play soccer so we played soccer today. It was actually way fun. I´m not very good but I enjoyed my time. President Sloan also gave our zone permision to watch Toy Story 3 today. It was hilarious. We were laughing the whole time.

The family Castellanos is doing really good. I had them write in a memory book (a book with letters and pictures from investigators and members) and they wrote some really amazing stuff. They are an awesome family. I can´t wait to hear that they´ve gone to the temple. I´ll still be here when they can go to the temple. I hope they go while I´m here. That would be the true blessing for me.

Well this next weekend there are transfers because new missionaries will be arriving. I think I´m going to be leaving this zone finally. I don´t want to, but I think my times up here. I´ve been here for over 6 months in the same stake. I guess we´ll see what happens next week.

This week at church there was a family from Fresno, California here. The mom in the family is from Quito and they used to live here. They were visiting her parents. It was really weird because they´re a family of 6 kids and there were a ton of them. They all can speak Spanish too. It was way weird. Well family I love you all so much. I love being here on the mission. It gives me the chance to change who I am. I have a lot of corrections to do so I´m happy to be here. I love helping people change their lives. It is such a blessing to represent Jesus Christ in all that I do.



Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment