Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25, 2010

Dear Family,
This week was still kind of crazy. The first half was really nice because we were in our sector a lot. We found another new family this week. The Taco Family, no I´m not joking :) There is a part of our sector where almost everyone is from the Taco Family. The first time we visited them was really awesome. We were with the husband to start off with. We talked about the Gospel and how it can bless him and his family. After that we invited him to be baptized. He accepted and he has a baptismal date for November 13. After we invited him his family showed up and we got to know them. There are 4 people in the family, Mom, Dad, son and daughter. The daughter just turned 2 so she can´t get baptized yet. It was an awesome experience! The Maza family couldn´t go to church this week. Well only the son that´s 18 went. He is way cool. We presented him to President Sloan during the Stake Conference and President told him that he looks like a future missionary. Our investigator responded by saying I would like to do that. He is an awesome guy!
So at Stake Conference I ran into a family from Idaho. They told me a pretty funny story. They are here for like 1-2 weeks to go to the Galapagos Islands. On Sunday morning they looked on the computer to find where they could go to church. They typed in "Quito Stake" in google and the first thing that came up was my blog. In the letter last week I wrote about how we were going to have stake conference. They saw me and they thanked me for writing about Stake Conference. I thought that that was pretty funny :)
So my life is going to be completely crazy for the next month. In November we will have a lot of meetings. 1. Zone Leader Council, 2. All of the leaders in the mission meeting, 3. Specialized Trainings in all of the zones, 4. Zone Conference in all of the zones, and 5. Specialized Trainings for 2-3 Stakes. According to the schedule that President posted every week this month on November we will be in meetings. I should be free on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays for p-day and church but we´ll see what happens. This month is going to go by sooooo fast!!!
Today we played soccer again. It was really fun. I´m finally getting better at it. I made 3 or 4 goals today. It was way sweet!!! One of them was aimed so I could head it in but they kicked it too low. I decided to hit it with my chest and I got a goal. Everyone was laughing because I don´t think they´ve seen that before. It was way cool :)
Well thank you for everything. You all have been great influences in my life. Thank you for your love and your support. I love each and every one of you.




Love,
Élder Hakes

P.S.
We had 2 specialized trainings with 2 stakes, Ofelia and Calderón. The Spirit was so strong in each of the trainings. We had they same thing planned but the each turned out differently and the Spirit was so strong in each of them. The topic is "How can we help investigators, less-actives, and new converts have a good experience at church". It was a really special experience and I truly felt the Spirit working through me. I was able to recognize all of the little blessing that the Lord has given unto me in the last few weeks. I am so happy and filled with the Spirit right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment