Saturday, November 20, 2010

November 6, 2010

Dear Family,
What a crazy week ha ha :) We were in meetings all week just as was planned. It turned out to be really good. We learned a lot of things. During all of the meetings and trainings, we did demonstrations with President Sloan. The demonstrations have really helped. My companion and I are more confident teaching together now and the missionaries can see a good example and they can see that we aren´t perfect. It has been really great. We have been able to feel a special spirit during the demonstrations. So on Tuesday in the Zone Leaders Council we had an hour to play soccer and/or Ecuavoli (Ecuador Volleyball). My companion got hurt playing soccer. We thought it was just a sprained ankle but it is really bothering him still so he´s going to get it x-rayed next week.
So today in my personal study I read a scripture that really impacted me. It´s scripture mastery but I have never felt like this when I read it. It´s in D&C 130:18-21:

18. Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection.
19. And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come.
20. There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
21. And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

I don´know why it hit me so hard this time. It really helped me to have more of an eternal perspective. It has given me more desires to be even more obedient and to repent of all the little mistakes that I have made in my life.
Well I love you all. Thank you for the good influences that each and everyone of you have been in my life. I realize now more than ever how grateful I am for the people around me and for what they have done for me. I have so many experiences, good and bad, that have helped me to be where I am right now and that have helped me to truly apply the gospel in my life. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father gives us our free agency and allows us to make mistakes so we can learn and become better each day. Don´t ever forget what He did for each and everyone of us individually. When we can have that in mind all of the time, that´s when we can become perfect.



Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment