Monday, January 3, 2011

December 18, 2010

pictures of us ice skating (My comp is in the white shirt)





picture of my comp and I in the mission home


Dear Family,
Well this week has been amazing!!!! On Wednesday Elder Morales and Elder Duarte went home. They´re enjoying their families right now. It´s so weird thinking that they have already left. So I have a new companion now. His name is Elder Arellano. He´s from Mexico City, Mexico and he has 21 months in the mission. We have gotten along amazingly well. I feel a lot more comfortable around him than I did with my old companion. President has noticed the difference too and is really happy about it. We´ve been able to teach together a few times now and it has gone really, really well :)
This week we finally got to go back with our families that we´ve been teaching. They´ve missed us and they have all said that they´re going to try to go to church on Sunday so we´re excited for that. Last night we did something special for each of our families. The 4 of us, Vomocil, Di Natale, Arellano and I, went and sang Christmas Carols with our families. We would sing a hymn and then we would read part of Lucas 2 and then we´d sing another song and then go back to Lucas 2. It was an awesome experience that we had. Each of our families were able to feel the Christmas Spirit :)
Today we had another really fun p-day. We went ice skating!!! My new companion has been in Quito for most of his mission and he knew about it so we went :) It was kind of funny because Elder Di Natale (the new secretary) had never gone before and wouldn´t leave the wall. My companion was way good and Elder Vomocil and I did alright :) After going ice skating we went and played laser tag (in the same place). It was kind of funny because they split the 4 of us up into 2 teams and they put 3 little kids on each of our teams. We had a lot of fun doing that as well. Mine and Elder Di Natale´s team won :)
Well sorry that this letter is so short. We have a talent show in the ward in a little bit and we´re participating :) I love you all and I´m grateful for all that you do for me. Remember Christ in this Christmas season. This is the time to share the great joy that our Lord and Savior was born and that he lived a perfect life so we can get back to our Father. Thank you all for your love and support.


Love,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment