Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 26, 2011

Dear Family,
Well this week was super busy again. We went to Otavalo and Ambato again this week. We went 2 days back to back so it was really tiring. On Monday we went to Ambato and we stayed the night there. In the morning we had Zone Conference with them and afterwards we traveled back to Quito. We got to Quito at about 8:30 PM. The next morning at 8 AM we left President´s house to Otavalo and had the zone conference at 10 AM. We stayed the night in Otavalo and then we came back the next morning. It was pretty crazy but I really enjoyed it :)
When we were in Ambato on Monday we went on divisions with the zone leaders. We had a really good experience. Most of the time we were just talking with people in the street and knocking on doors. We finally talked to someone in their store and she was pretty interested. She called her husband and we shared some time with them. They were both really young. He was 22 and she was 21 and they had a 4 year old daughter. Right off the bat they started sharing so many things that they´re going through and they asked for help. They have a lot of mistrust in their relationship and they want to get over it. We talked about family prayer and scripture study and they loved it. They said that they think that´s what they need in their lives right now. It was a really spiritual experience :)
Well, President hasn´t told me where I´m going, nor who my replacement is. He´s really busy this weekend because the Area President, Elder Nash, is here and President is accompanying him to a stake conference. Next week I´ll still have a lot of meetings. We´ll have ZL Council and Leaders training next week. I´m excited. It´ll be weird to have to listen and not give the training :) I´m excited for it though. I have a lot of ideas now for being a zone leader and how to help a zone. I´ve learned a lot during this time as assistant and I want to put it to practice now.
Well I love you all. Thank you for all that you do and for your support. I love each of you so much.





Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment