Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 2, 2011

The volcano Tungurahua is kind of active right now :) There is a lot of ash falling here in Riobamba
Dear Family,
This week went really well. We were able to find some really good new people and we had a family come to church this week!!!!! On Thursday we found the Castelo Family and we taught them for the first time on Saturday. We invited them to church and they came yesterday. It was such a blessing for us to see them there and to be able to help them.This week we also found another person that is going through a lot of problems. She´s a single mother of 2 kids and she lives with her parents. She´s 25 and lives off of her parent´s income. She doesn´t feel that she can receive repentance of her sins so we helped her out :) It was such a blessing to find her. She didn´t go to church because she was sick.
Well right now we have to go to Quito to Zone Leader´s Council and on Wednesday we have the all leaders meeting. We´ll be in Quito till Wednesday night. This week is my companion´s last week in the mission. On Sunday I´ll be in Quito again to drop him off.
I am so grateful for the Gospel. I am grateful for the Atonement and for the power that it has in my life. The Lord has made some big changes in my life and I have learned so much during this time here in the mission. I love you all so much!!!!!



Love,
Élder Hakes


PS - - When we read information online about the volcano, the city at the base of it was evacuated. The volcano was throwing boulders the size of a small truck. On Google maps, you could see the clouds of ash over the area. So I guess that goes with "kinda active." Silly boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment