Thursday, October 8, 2009

Conference

Familia!!!
Sorry I didn't send an e-mail last week. I couldn't think about what to say. The MTC is all the same every week. Well my district is the 2nd oldest in the zone now. This sunday we'll get zone leaders and a new district leader. I'm excited. Conference was amazing this year. It helps when you're prepared and excited for it. ha ha. I took 27 pages of notes and I've heard the Elder Holland talk more than once. That was the most bold and amazing talk I have ever heard. I loved it. I also wanted to tell you to follow the theme that was in every talk. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! It was crazy seeing how much it was in there. Also, Dad, Brent, Ryan, and Cody. Make sure you follow the words of Elder Ballard in priesthood session about relationships between fathers and sons. It was amazing!!! If you don't have the 3 things that he said to each of the fathers and sons then tell me and I'll send it in the next letter. I hope that next time we have conference that we prepare for it. It's so much better when you're ready and taking notes. The MTC is amazing. I taught my first complete lesson in Spanish. It was really hard but he understood us. It will take time but we're getting better. I love Spanish and I can't wait until I can finally truly speak it, but I know that won't be for a long time. It's great to hear that U of A is doing so good. Hopefully that continues. I haven't been able to get a hold of Anthony Johnson since the last e-mail I sent. I'm not sure what to do. I'll keep trying to call and hopefully he'll answer. It's getting cold here. I think it might snow before we leave. Elder Swanson is in the field now!! So weird. I've got less that 4 weeks left too and that's even weirder! Thanks for the chips and queso. It was gone in like 2 days. I didn't share very much either ha ha. I'm so ready to leave right now. I love the MTC but I want to be in the field!! Tell Brent and West to keep their heads up. They'll do just fine.I did get the picture of the Gila Valley Temple. They're so sweet. Send everyone my love. Hagan lo justo!!

Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment