Friday, October 23, 2009

Planning

Hola familia,
This week was just another week at the MTC. I wish there was more I could tell you, but there's not a lot of interesting things going on here besides studying and Gym. What is crazy is that we're the oldest district in our zone now. It's so weird thinking that. We should get our flight plans tomorrow. That's when they usually come. If I do I'll send a letter tomorrow night and let you know what is going on. Last night we had an amazing devotional on planning. I now realize how important it is. Not only for missionary work but for our whole lives. Read about it in chapter 8 in Preach My Gospel. It's an act of faith to plan! Also, he said a statistic that if you plan for 20 minutes you will increase your productivity by 50%!! Crazy huh. Well I'm kind of sad because I can only go to the temple 1 more time in the next 22 months. We had a great session this morning and hopefully it will be the same next week. That's hilarious that dad wrote to the Pac-10 officials. I can totally see him doing that. It's good to hear that they are doing well. Hopefully they continue. Glad to hear that Brent and West are doing good too. Tell them to keep it up! I'd like a Mnt. View update, but since no one has told me I'm guessing they're not doing so good. You are so lucky that you get to go to Hawaii. I can't believe you're ditching the kids on Halloween. Send me a picture of Franken-Cody please :) From the letters I got this week I think I gave you the impression that I'm discouraged. I'm not at all. I'm more excited about missionary work than I ever have been. I'm just like Jeremiah (Jeremiah 20) and Ammon (Alma 29). I can't wait to get to Quito!! Let me know if Dylan got his package. I hope grandma and grandpa had fun on the east coast. I love you all. HLJ.

Love,
Élder David Hakes

HLJ=CTR in Spanish

No comments:

Post a Comment