Monday, November 23, 2009

Following The Spirit

Dear family, again,
I can´t believe I forgot about this experience. So on friday night we had divisions with the Zone Leaders. Me and one of the zone leaders and E. Estrada with the other. I stayed in my sector. SO we were walking to one of our appointments and i just didn´t feel right about it. It was what me and E. Estrada had planned the night before but it didn´t feel right. I couldn´t decide between the regular and back-up plan. We went off the road and said a prayer. I still didn´t know exactly where to go but I decided to go to the back up plan. The back up plan was to a recent convert, the one that was baptized my first sunday here. We got there and she immediately rushed us to her neighbor´s house so we could give him a blessing. It went really well and the Spirit was really strong. After that we resolved some of her questions and dedicated her home. I guess a couple of nights ago she and her daughter both felt like they were choking and couldn´t do or say anything. We decided dedicating the home was a good thing. It was a really cool experience for me because I hadn´t been "the leader" in the mission field yet. I know that I followed the spirit .

Love,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment