Monday, November 23, 2009

The Language

Familia,
Wow what a crazy week. Satan is working really hard down here. For me it wasn't bad but it's hard seeing investigators fall. Friday night one of our investigators drank. It was the night before his baptism. He and his wife were going to be baptized on saturday but we have to wait until this saturday. It was tough to find out and talk to him about it. His wife cried the whole time while we had a lesson with them on Saturday. It's a young couple and they'll be good this week. Well time is flying for me. I can't believe that I've been in Ecuador for three weeks. The Spanish is coming along better. I finally noticed a difference over the last few days. It's not good speaking but it's becoming easier to understand. My English is getting worse. It's hard for me to write in my journal in English and I can't write good in Spanish yet either. It was funny because the zone leaders had me call the senior couple for the mission so I could speak in English to them and it was hard. I understood what the zone leaders wanted but I couldn't get it out in English. It was funny. Well we had a zone conference this past week. Usually the mission president and everyone is there but not this week because he's in the hospital still. He's improving and should be out sometime this week. The assistants to the president, mission secretaries, senior couple, and older sisters couple came to the conference. It went really good. It was weird sitting all day. I hadn't done that for 3 weeks.I think I may have lost a little weight. Probably just what I gained in the MTC though. Oh well we'll see what happens. This week I got served the usual soup for one meal and they served a big ole crab in the middle of it. It was the craziest thing for me and it tasted really good. I wish I would have had my camera with me. Here's another funny scripture. 2 Nephi 9:51, just look at the last phrase. It's pretty funny. Well don't know what else to talk about. THe work is going good here and we have a goal to find 5 families in December. The goal for the mission is 200 baptisms in December. It's a huge number but I know we can do it. Hope all is well at home. I get dearelders tomorrow so I might write back to those if there's time next week. Well love you all!!!

Love,
Elder David Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment