Monday, January 18, 2010

Chicken Foot Soup

Dear family,
Wow what a crazy week. I´m feeling a lot better now with the new sector. We have a lot of new investigators and we had a lot more lessons this week but it´s still nothing compared to the coast, it´s easy to find and teach there. Well today was interesting. We had a zone activity and we played laser tag. Weird isn´t it but there´s just about everything in Quito. I also ate a small pizza from Pizza Hut. It had so much grease it was pretty nasty. American food is gross :)

Well I found out how much weigh right now. You're not going to believe it but I've lost 32 lbs in 2 and a half months. I weigh 213 lbs. My shirts and pants are all to big for me and I've had to make new holes in my belt. I feel perfectly fine and I haven't been sick or anything. It's so weird that I only weigh 213 lbs. I haven't weighed that since like jr. year in high school. This week I ate my first thing really crazy, but I was warned about it before the mission so it wasn´t a huge surprise. I ate chicken foot soup. The soup was good and the foot is just kind of well like the skin of the chicken. There isn´t hardly anything to eat. At least I can say I ate it now :)
Well this Sunday/Monday we have the real transfers that are every 6 weeks. My companion keeps saying that he's going to leave and that I'm going to be a trainer, but we'll see. Also, transfers are the day of my companions birthday so we're having a family night at a members house that has a birthday the following week too. We have 2 baptisms planned for this week. One is what we call regalito (little gift) because he's 8 years old and it's a crazy situation that he lives with the parents of the Bishop so we're going to baptize him. I finally received all of the stuff from Christmas. It was all in Santo Domingo, but it finally got to the offices today. I'll find out what they say later because we're printing pictures right now in Quito. It's sweet to hear that there are a lot of missionaries in my home ward. My only suggestion is to start really studying the scriptures(especially the Book of Mormon) and Preach My Gospel. It will definetly help. I worried too much about the language. My suggestion to Nate is to do his papers now and write that he can't serve until June. That way he can return home with a whole summer to prepare for college after the mish. Well I'm glad to hear that everything is going good. I love you all so much.


Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment