Monday, February 1, 2010

January 25, 2009

Wow what a crazy week. Sounds like the weather has been pretty crazy in both Americas. We've had a ton of rain and lightning this week. It was pretty scary yesterday when it started up when we were about half way up a mountain. It was hailing. Well we had transfers, for real, and I'm staying in the same sector. I'm going to be training a new missionary too. Pretty crazy huh. I'm just happy that President Sloan trusts me with this. It's a big resposibility. For today and tomorrow I'm with another Elder from my group and he's going to train too. Tomorrow were taking one of the new missionaries to teach and on wednesday I,ll find out who's my companion. I had a dream last night that a received a companion from California but we'll see what happens.

We had a baptism this week too. We baptized our regalito who is 8 years old and lives with the bishop,s family. This week we also had our mission conference and had interviews with President Montoya (1st counselor in the mission presidency). It was way cool. I learned a ton. I also had exchanges with my District leader this week. I was with Elder Hirschi who's from my group. We were in his sector and it was pretty sweet. That night we ate lasagna from a bag. It's the kind that you take camping where you just put hot water. His family sent it to him and it was pretty good. The first time I had lasagna in a long time. We also had a sweet zone activity on Saturday. We have 4 signs with 2 questions on each sign and we put them in a park in my sector. We contacted a ton of people. We received 62 names with addresses in one day. It was way sweet. Now I just have to find them with my new companion ha ha. Well sounds like the family's doing good. I love you all!!!

Love,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment