Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15, 2010

Dear Family,
We had a pretty amazing week here in Conocoto. We´re finally seeing the results of our hard work. We don´t have hardly anyone close to being baptized but we have a ton of new investigators that will definitely get baptized within the next month or two. I had my first interview with President Sloan this week. It was really amazing. He helped me a lot and apparently has a lot of confidence in me. This week we talked with 71 new people during the week and we have 22 new investigators. I can´t believe we actually did that but I´m really happy. I had a really cool experience last night. We went to teach one of our investigators and she told us that she drank on friday. That was after 24 days without alcohol because we taught her about the Word of Wisdom. It was really sad for me when she told us. I literally felt pain for her and her bad decision. During that whole lesson I wasn´t the one talking. Literally everything I said was from the Spirit. I remembered and shared about 5-6 scriptures that I hadn´t used yet in Ecuador. It was pretty amazing. The spirit was so strong during the whole lesson. She really wants to change and I hope that what I said helps her. Well I hope all is well in the States. I love you all!!


Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment