Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 1, 2010

Dear Family,
Sorry this is going to be a very short letter because the internet is being weird. I got a gringo for a companion. He is brand new and he does bot know a ton of Spanish but he is way good. We are working really hard here. He has helped me a lot with my attitude and with the little things that I was lacking before. We have been blessed because of it. We had a contact the other day and we asked if we could teach him (he is 22 years old) and he said yes even though it was the first visit. I did not know what we were going to share but I felt like we should talk about baptism. We taught that he was not baptized with the authority and that he did not make the decision for himself. We asked if he would want to be baptized and he said yes. It was the craziest thing ever. We told him that he needs to be taught more before the baptism and that since he lives in another sector he will be taught by other missionaries. It was an amazing experience. Well I love you all.

Love,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment