Monday, March 28, 2011

March 14, 2011

Dear Family,
Well, this week went by a lot faster than I thought it would. It was an up and down week for us. The Lasso Family didn`t get baptized because they had to go visit their grandpa for his birthday. It was kind of a last minute thing where she told us Friday night so we`re kind of sad about that. We invited a ton of people to church this week too but no one went. It was a rough week :)
Yesterday we had a really good experience though!!! We went and visited a person that we had contacted on Saturday and she and her family was home so we visited them. We had a really good visit and they have a lot of desires for their lives. They accepted a baptismal date for April 2 :) They will have to get married but they want to do it so it shouldn`t be too hard :)
Well on Tuesday I got pretty wet a couple of times. Luckily they didn`t throw ink this time, just water. Everyone here was throwing water at everyone. It was pretty crazy!!! It`s an interesting holiday that they celebrate here :)
Well I`m not sure what else to write about. I bought a hamburger that had bacon on it this week. It wasn`t as good as I thought it would be :) We are working hard on getting people to go to church. It has been a challenge for us in our sector and in the zone. The people here in Riobamba love to eat potatos. It`s too much for me sometimes :) I think I`ve eaten potatos everyday since I`ve been here :) I tried 2 other crazy things this week. The first thing is something called tripa mishka or intestines. It didn`t taste too bad but it took FOREVER to chew :) The second thing I tried was something called Ceviche de chochos. It`s kind of like a soup that is made with onion, tomato, cilantro, pig skin and a bean type thing called chocho. I don`t like pig skin very much. It doesn`t have any taste but it`s just nasty :)
Well I love you all so much. Thank you for your love and your support. I`m so grateful for each of you in my life.





Love,
Èlder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment