Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 11, 2011

Pictures:
a cuy (hamster) foot that I found in my desk this week

Me cleaning an underground water tank


Dear Family,
This week was so crazy. We were in so many exchanges with our missionaries. I was in Guaranda (2 hrs. from Riobamba. We have 4 missionaries from our zone there) for a day and a half trying to help an investigator there but we never got a hold of her. It was a good exchange though. On Friday we went with some other missionaries here in Riobamba for another day. It all went really well though. We feel that we were able to help them a lot.
On Friday I had a good experience with Elder Stange (from California) while we were in exchanges. Basically the whole day it was raining and really, really cold. We were knocking on doors because no one was home yet. We weren´t havingmuch success though. We found some people that they just kind of listened and were only half-way interested. Finally it was getting later so more people were getting home from work. We went to an investigators house but they weren´t home yet. It was a little bit frustratig for us but we decided to talk with the lady that lives in front of our investigators house. We started talking and she didn´t seem that interested until I asked her "Why is your barber shop named Antoni?" She told me that it´s named after her son who died 4 years ago. We started talking to her about the plan of salvation with her and about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (she also told us that she was divorced from her husband 4 years ago too). She changed. She became very interested and we taught her a lesson. She accepted a baptismal date and said that she was going to go to church (unfortunately she didn´t because she was visiting relatives). It was a really amazing experience for us. We were so grateful to get out of the rain and to help her and her children feel the Spirit.
Well, my companionn only has 29 days left. He´s a little bit trunky, well let´s be honest, he´s really trunky :) He´s pretty excited to see his family again. His sisters are inactive and he wants to help them to get back on track. He also misses the food a lot :) He says that it´s more flavorful in Colombia :)
Well I´m so grateful for all of you. Thank you for your love and support. I know I say it every week but it´s true. I have had so many great people around me during my whole life and it is such a blessing for me :) I love you all.




Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment