Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 4, 2011


Eating more cake


Elder Stange cutting my hair today (I cut his hair too)

Dear Family,
Wasn´t conference great this year!!!!! I loved every session. So many of the talks were for me and were the exact words that I needed to hear. It was such a great experience :) Priesthood Session was the best. I think every speaker said something that I needed to hear. The spoke so boldly and directly and I loved it!!!! This tie I payed special attantion to President Monson. I watched everything that he did. His expressions, what he said, how he said it, when he said it, etc. I know that he´s not perfect but I know that he is the prophet. He says what needs to be said. He tells us what we need and he doesn´t go around in circles when he tells us. I know that he´s a prophet :)
Well, this week we had ZL Council again!!! It was just as spiritual as General Conference. There were so many things said that I needed to hear. It motivated me to get to work and to focus more on this great work :) I received a lot of revelation for me and for my companionship and for the zone. I love the Spirit!!!!!
So this week we ate another cake :) We didn´t know about it either ha ha :) There´s a recent convert that turned 18 on Thursday and they barely made the cake last night. After a visit with her Mom and sister (investigators) we ate cake :) It was pretty sweet.
I love you all so much. Thank you for your examples. I´m so grateful that we have a living prophrt today and 12 apostles that lead and guide us. It is such a blessing to listen to them and to do as they say. I love each and every one of you!!!





Love,
Élder Hakes

PS --- Riobamba, weather wise, is very similar to Quito. It´s at about the same height and about the same temperature. Here is a lot smaller than Quito though. It´s very rural. There are a lot of natives and a lot of little towns right outside of the city. There aren´t any rivers that I know of. The road coming here to Riobamba from Quito is called Volcano Alley. I can see 2 volcanos and Ecuador´s biggest mountain (Chimborazo) from where I´m at :) The temperature always changes drastically here. This morning we played basketball and soccer and it was really hot. THere was a ton of sun but right now it´s cold and rainy :) It´s kind of annoying that it changes so much but it´s really nice weather here :) I would say that it´s always between 50-75º all the time.



Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment