Monday, June 20, 2011

June 6, 2011

Dear Family,
Well this week went by way too fast. We went to Quito on Monday for ZL Council and we came back on Wednesday. Elder Alcívar went to Quito yesterday and he´s going home tomorrow morning. He got really trunky at the end. On Saturday we had our mini-zone conference. It went really well. We weren´t very sure what we should talk about because there are quite a few challenges that we are going through right now. We decided just to focus on one thing and it turned out really well. The Spirit was so strong during the whole conference. Everyone, including us, had a duh moment. It was really good. The spirit was so strong.
This week I had a really specially fast too. I think it was the first time that I had real intent when I went into the fast. I was so worried about the zone and the missionaries and I felt a little bit lost. I didn´t know exactly what I needed to do. I decided to focus on the zone during the fast and I was praying for them during the whole thing. I received so much revelation about what we need to do and what I need to change in myself so the zone can progress. I´m excited for my new companion, Elder Albino from Uruguay, and the work that we´re going to do. I love this work so much. I have learned so many things and I continue to learn new things everyday. Thank you for your good examples and for the advice that you have given and give me. I learned that I need to trust in the Lord with all my heart and not lean unto my own understanding so the Lord can direct my paths (Prov. 3:5-6).


Love,
Élder Hakes

PS My companion's name is Elder Albino and he´s from Uruguay. He was in the 1st group that I received as an assistant ha ha :) President nicknamed him the energizer bunny so I´m excited to work with him. He´ll get here to Riobamba in about an hour. He came from Santo Domingo from heat to cold. Hopefully he doesn´t get sick :)

No comments:

Post a Comment