Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 23, 2011

Dear Family,
This week was so crazy!!!!! We had District Conference here in Riobamba. We were in so many meetings. On Friday we had Zone Conference with President and Hermana Sloan adn later that night President invited us to go to his "farewell" dance that the district did for him. It was way cool and I got some awesome videos of them dancing. President and Hermana Sloan got up and danced too ha ha :) It was pretty fun. On Saturday we went in some intercambios and we had district leadership meeting and then the Priesthood meeting. On Sunday we had the general session at 10:30 AM and afterwards we had some baptisms here in the zone.
We actually had some really cool experiences this weekend. On Saturday morning, my companion and I were talking about what we need to do to have baptisms here in the zone. We made a list of all the people that can get baptized this month and it was a list of about 20 people. We chose a few of them and we went to work with our missionaries. We were in divisions all day on Saturday in all of the elders sectors here in Riobamba. We had planned only 1 baptism for this weekend but we ended with 3. It´s not a ton more but I´m happy that we we´re able to help out and get people interviewed and baptized. It was a really cool experience.
Well my companion only has 2 weeks left. It´s so wierd that I have another companion leaving. He´s still working hard though and we want to help the zone out a ton. We´re trying to get better each day and we´re waiting for the results. I´m learning a lot of patience right now :) I´m also learning to be more humble. The Lord wants to se my faith before He gives the blessings. I can´t wait for next month :) It will be record breaking for all of us!!!!
Well this week Elder Walter Gonzalez of the Presidency of the Quorum of the Seventy is going to have a devotional with us!!!! It was going to be Elder Richard G. Scott but he can´t come anymore. I´m still excited though because the Area President Elder Marcus B. Nash will be there too. It will be a powerful and spiritual conference. I´m excited :)
Well the offices called me this week and as of right now my official date to come home will be Friday, August 19. I´ll have a very short time at home before going off to school again. I guess you´ll all have to come visit me in Thatcher ha ha :) I love you all so very much. I have learned so much during this time as a missionary and I have so much more to learn. Thank you for your love and support. Stay strong in the Gospel and always be worthy to have a temple recommend. I miss the temple so much. I think we all take it for granted that we have a temple so close and so easy to access. I love you all so much!!!!






Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment