Monday, August 8, 2011

August 1, 2011

Dear Family,
This week went by soooo fast and it went pretty well. I went to Guaranda twice this week. The first time for interviews and the second time to try to help some people be strengthened for their baptisms. It went fairly well. I really enjoyed being there and it felt good to be helping them out. Not everyone got baptized but I was able to learn a lot and it helped me to keep being motivated :)
This week Elena Colcha and her husband Franklin Puertas finally got baptized!!!!!! They have been investigators for almost a year and a half. It was such a special moment. The branch almost didn´t believe us when we told them that she was getting baptized. It was a really good baptism and the Spirit was so strong!!! I can´t believe that we finally were able to help her to get baptized :) I feel so blessed to be at her baptism. About 13+ missionaries taught her over the course of her time as investigator. I love this work. The Spirit is the greatest blessing that anyone could ever ask for :)
This week we have 2 people planned to get baptized. Sandra and Marco. They are investigators that we´ve taught for a while now but they´ve come to church 2 weeks in a row now and they have the desire. We have to help Sandra overcome a few things before she gets baptized but I know that we´ll be able to help them :) I´m so excited :)
Today my companion and I went to Baños. It´s a city that has some amazing waterfalls and some amazing views!!! I got some amazing pictures :)
I love this work.I don´t want it to end but my time as a full-time missionary is coming to a close. I have this week and lots of meetings next week and then I´m home. I still have things to learn and to share with other missionaries before my time ends. I´m excited to see what happens. I know that Jesus Christ suffered so I can make it back to my Heavenly Father´s presence. That´s why I live the Gospel, because I know that I can´t be saved unless I do all that Christ taught and reveals through Pres. Monson and the 12 apostles. I love this work. I love you all. Thank you for all that you do and have done. I will always be in debt to those who have served me :)



Love,
Élder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment