Monday, August 1, 2011

July 25, 2011

Big chess pieces
Chess boards that an investigator makes
The Palacios Family that got sealed this week!!!!!!!!!
The Bellavista Arch that´s in our sector
Dear Family,
This week was so crazy and so amazing!!!! We are seeing so many blessings :) On Tuesday I went with our district leader to his sector here in Riobamba. We had a really good day. We were able to find a new family and we put baptismal dates with some people. That night we had 3 appointments in less than an hour. It was cool because all of the appointments were really spiritual and we were able to help s lot of different people that are progressing.
On Wednesday I went with Elder Stange to his sector to help with some people to get baptismal dates too! It went really well 2 families were able to accept dates and 1 of them went to church yesterday!!!! It ws good because Elder Stange wasn´t feeling too well and we were able to keep working and helping the people that really needed it.
On Thursday we had our specialized training with Pres. and Hna. Ghent and the assistants. It went really well. They talked about the importance of understanding the doctrine because the doctrine is the reason why we live the gospel. It was a really good training that really opened my eyes. We´ve taught it to the members too and they really liked it. :)
Yesterday we had some amazing experiences. We had 10 people at church!!!! We had to go to the other branch at 8 AM to have 3 people go. They had something to do this week but normally they´re good to go at 10 AM (our branches time). It was so good to have them all there. There were a lot of less actives at church too. Normally we have like 70 people at church but this week we had close to 100!!!!! Last night was so amazing. We have been teaching this lady called Helena Colcha since I got here. She´s been listening to the missionaries for about 14 months now and she knows more that a dozen missionaries that have helped teach her. She and her husband went to church yesterday and we went to visit them afterwards. We invited the husband to be baptized this weekend and he said yes!!!!!! Then we looked at Helena (she looked shocked at what her husband said) and we invited her to be baptized with her husband and she said yes!!!!! I almost couldn´t believe it :) I was so happy because I have invited her so many times over the last 4 and a half months to be baptized and she finally accepted!!!!!!! All of her kids (they are members for over a year) started cheering when she said yes :) It was such a cool moment. We just have to help her husband so he can stop drinking. He has stopped a little bit by himself but we´re going to help him even more.
Well I love you all so much. I love this great work. I can´t believe that my time is ending. I don´t want it to end. I know that I will miss Ecuador and all the people that I know so much. I don´t want to leave them, but I know that the Lord has other things planned for me. Thank you for your love and support. Don´t worry I´m excited to see you guys too :)


Love,
Élder Hakes

ME BEING A SITH :)

No comments:

Post a Comment