Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010

Dear Family,
Wow what a crazy week it has been. We changed apartments to a really nice apartment this week. We also had to clean the old house really really good. My camera got stolen today.

I have a new companion. His name is Elder Archundia and he´s from Mexico. I´m training him as a zone leader and we have a new zone. We have 5 new missionaries in the zone and they made the zones a lot smaller. There are now only 14 missionaries in our zone. We´ll be able to help each missionary better now.

We had a really amazing experience on Saturday. We were with the six kids in the family of 8, the family Villamar. We talked about how to receive an answer and the importance of being humble to be able to receive an answer from God. It was a really amazing lesson. To end the lesson I felt like we should ask, in the closing prayer, if the church is true. They did it and each and every one of them received their answer the spirit was so strong. It was amazing. They have the goal to be baptized this weekend but I believe it will be changed to the following weekend. I´m so excited for them. I haven´t prayed so much for one family in my entire life!!!!

I love being a missionary.

Well, I love you all so very much. Thank you for all that you do.
Love, Élder Hakes




No comments:

Post a Comment