Monday, June 7, 2010

May 31, 2010



Dear Family.
This week was an amazing week. We had stake conference and we had an area 70 with us at the conference. His name is Elder Cesar Dávila. During his stay he also wanted to visit. An investigator family. The stake president knew about our family of 8 so he came with us to visit them. It was amazing. We talked about the restoration and it changed the whole attitude of the family. They all have a lot more desires to learn and progress. When we were in the priesthood session of the conference he invited us up to share the experience that we had. It was pretty cool. President Sloan was in the conference to so he was very happy that we were able to have that experience with him. When the normal session of the conference ended we went up to Élder Dávila with the family of 8 and he gave them all hugs. He also gave me a really big hug and told me thank you for the experience that we gave him. He called my comanion and I his senior companions. It was pretty funny. We also put a baptism date eith the family of 8 for June 12th. They still need a lot of preparation but I believe that they´ll make it. I´m so excited for them!!!! I´ve been so lucky. This is the second time that I have taught with an area 70. It was really cool. My companion was really nervous but I wasn´t. I knew that I was teaching the family and not Élder Dávila. It was an amazing experience.
Next week is transfers. We were talking with President Sloan today and he´s probably going to split our zone into 2 smaller zones. He wants to have zone leaders in each stake so we can work better on the stake level. That means that it´s about 99% sure that we will have transfers this next week. I think that I will stay in the same sector and that my companion will leave. He´s got a lot of time here in our sector. Just about everyone in the zone will have transfers next week so next Monday will be very crazy trying to help everyone change and find their new companions.
Well I´m excited to see what happens in the next few weeks. You all might have heard about a volcano that exploded but nothing happened here in Quito. We didn´t receive any ash or anything. The explosion was really far away. I do have some cool pictures of the volcanoes that surround Quito though. There are 4 that I can see from my house on a clear day!! Well I love this work. I wish you all could have my addiction to the work. Remember to keep studying your scriptures and saying your prayers. I love you all so much!!!!


Love,
Élder Hakes


No comments:

Post a Comment