Monday, September 14, 2009

Family

We received the following letter in the mail on Friday...

Familia!
This last week had probably been the best in my life! My companion, roommates and I have become like best friends. Every single day I feel the Spirit so strongly. I love it! I'm FINALLY where I need to be. ON Saturday night a ton of Spanish just came back to me. I can't speak fluently or be even close to that yet. I can pray and bear testimony in espanol though. :) My teachers are awesome. Right now our main focus is on learning the basic doctrine in English. We'll still be using Spanish, but it's all doctrine right now. I can't believe that my only letter was from Dad and that I got a package from Deanna Butler, who I don't even know. She even sent me chips and salsa. :) I hope all at home is going well. All I do is study, eat and learn Spanish. I love each and every one of you and I expect at least 1 note from DearElder.com from each of you!

Love su hijo y hermano,
Elder David Hakes

P.S.
DearElder sends your notes in letter from to me that day. I like chips and salsa :) (or any food. dinner is at 4:30pm)
I heard that BYU beat Oklahoma and I'm wondering how the U of A did. :)


JUST A NOTE: Deanna Butler was one of my counselors in YW when we lived in Tucson. She also served in the Ecuador, Quito mission as was thrilled to hear about David. She called before David's farewell and wanted to make sure he was the first in his district to receive a package. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment