Monday, September 21, 2009

Referral Center


Apparently David sent 4 envelopes to us. Two arrived on Friday, one on Saturday and one on Monday....all postmarked the same day!!

Querido Familia,
Well you didn't get an email because it cut me off when it hit 30 minutes. So this week you just get letters. Well this week has been amazing. It's going by so much faster now. We've done so many new things too. We went to the referral center for the first time. When some one calls the number on a pass along card, it is directed to the referral center. It's so awesome to be actually testifying to real people that need it. I've been able to send missionaries to 4 houses. Of the 4 houses, 2 wanted Bibles and 2 wanted Book of Mormons. I love going to the referral center. We also went to the TE for the first time. In the TE we go and teach a teacher and then they evaluate how we did afterward. It has helped a lot in our teaching. We loved it so much we went another three times after that. I sprained my ankle this last Thursday. Don't worry thought, I'm doing fine and I was able to run yesterday. Our district is really close. We have 11 people in there. 3 hermanas y 8 Elders. I can't wait to get into the field. I've been here for 2 weeks and I feel like I've been here for a lot longer. There was another group of new missionaries that came in today and I started hugging random ones. It was pretty funny. Last night Elder Jeffry R. Holland came to our devotional. It was the best devotional I have ever heard. The spirit was so strong. He was extremely BOLD and excited with every single thing he said. It was almost like he was frustrated with the missionaries that don't finish missions, but he wasn't in the least bit angry. We also had Elder Richard G. Hinckley also came last week. His talk was pretty amazing too. I love it here. Tell everyone that they need to go on missions. I love letters and packages during the week. DearElder is the fastest. I love you guys!

Love,
Elder David Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment